There's just one AAA. But there's more than one way to belong with a variety of membership choices:
1) Coverage Options and Details:
Classic Membership - provides basic benefits that AAA members have come to know. Any time you get on the road, you can drive assured with our renowned 24/7 Roadside Assistance. You can take advantage of free perks like printed AAA TripTik® routings and United States, Canada, Mexico and Caribbean maps as well as online mapping at AAAMaps.com; AAA TourBook® Guides; hotel and car rental savings and worldwide vacation planning and reservations. As a AAA member, you have access to a full range of automotive, travel, entertainment and financial services as well as, auto, home and life insurance products— not to mention many deals and discounts.
AAA Plus® Membership - gives you more of a good thing. This level builds on the Classic Membership benefits with extras like extended towing service, free gas if you run out on the road, and additional lock-out service coverage. Plus, you can enjoy greater reimbursements for road service that is not covered by your membership, auto travel accident expense and more.
AAA Associate* Membership - is ideal for family members. An Associate Membership covers others of driving age living in the same household as the Primary Member, including children away at college, with Classic or Plus Membership benefits at a reduced rate.
AAA Plus RV Membership - is worth having if you drive a motor home or motorcycle. In addition to all the benefits of AAA Plus, it provides you with the specialized coverage needed for vehicles of this type.
AAA My Way - Get AAA Classic Roadside Assistance benefits, plus discounts and special benefits made exclusively for ages 18-30 at a great price – only $49 per year. Learn more about AAA My Way’s benefits.
2) About Emergency Road Service
Vehicles and services covered under Classic, Plus or Plus RV Membership: Roadside Assistance means 24-hour assistance for minor mechanical first aid; battery service, tire change, out of fuel, lockout service, extricating and towing. Roadside Assistance will be provided to you when the vehicle you are either driving or riding in becomes disabled. The following types of vehicles are eligible for service:
- Four-wheel motor-driven passenger vehicles (i.e. cars, vans and pick up trucks, including rented passenger vehicles) if those services can be safely delivered without using heavy duty equipment.
- Dual rear wheel unloaded pickup trucks are provided all services except tire service.
- Dual rear wheel campers and motor homes are covered for lockout, battery service and out of fuel services only. Additional services (such as towing and tire change services) are provided only if you have a Plus RV Rider Membership.
Vehicles covered under Plus RV:
- Campers, motor homes, motorcycles, travel trailers, and boat and utility trailers (but only if loaded with boat or recreational vehicle such as ATV, dirt bike or jet ski).
Some restrictions apply. What’s not covered:
- Service on taxis, buses, moving trucks, limousines, step vans or truck bodies other than regular pickup trucks.
- Service to unregistered, untagged or uninsured vehicles or vehicles that are otherwise not legally drivable, except a vehicle with tag/registration expired within 30 days may be towed to a place of repair.
- Service to vehicles located at a repair facility where repairs can be performed, except when it has been confirmed that the repairs cannot be provided or completed within 72 hours.
- Service on a vehicle to which a plow is attached (plow must be removed by member before a covered vehicle will be towed).
- Service to an unattended vehicle, unless prior approval has been given by AAA due to extenuating circumstances.
- Service for a vehicle located at, including tow from, a repair facility where repairs can be performed, except when it has been confirmed that the repairs cannot be provided or completed within 72 hours.
- Removal of a vehicle from a closed repair facility.
- No more than one tow per disablement.
- Service to a vehicle located in areas such as vacant lots, back, front or side yards, beaches, fields or barricaded street.
- Requests to tow a vehicle from the street to the driveway (unless it is obstructing traffic) or from one location to another on the property or at the repair facility, tow to junk yards, charities, vacant lots or unattended locations.
- Tire service for dual-rear wheel trucks or vans (except under Plus RV Rider).
- Towing of utility trailers attached to a covered vehicle (service for the trailer may be provided at the Member’s expense).
- The cost for repairs, parts and labor.
- Taxi service from site of disablement (tow trucks are limited as to the number of passengers they can accommodate). Taxi service or other transportation can be arranged at the Member’s expense.
- Service may be restricted, delayed or suspended due to severe weather conditions.
- Reimbursement of tow expense covered by insurance.
- Delivery of diesel fuel.
- Your membership benefit cannot be transferred to or used by any other person.
- AAA will charge an additional non-refundable Immediate Service Fee if roadside assistance is requested at the time a Member joins or canceled Member renews with the Club beyond their Membership Grace Period.
- Entitled to 4 Roadside Assistance calls per member, per membership year for covered services, including up to $50 for auto lockout service.
- May have the vehicle towed to the responding AAA facility or any other destination, including the hookup & first 3 miles of towing, at no charge - additional mileage at member discounted rates.
- Tolls are not covered.
- Entitled to 4 Roadside Assistance calls per member, per membership year for covered services, including up to $100 for auto lockout service.
- May have the vehicle towed to the responding AAA facility or any other destination, including the hookup & first 100 miles of towing, at no charge—additional mileage at member discounted rates.
- Tolls are not covered
AAA may arrange for service to Members who have exceeded their “per membership year” allowance however Members will be required to pay for each additional call at AAA Member discounted rates. There is a 7 day waiting period from the time your payment is processed before you can receive Plus or Plus RV benefits; this also applies to an upgrade from one membership level to another; to renewal of membership 60 days or more after expiration, or if you just joined the Club and enrolled initially as a Plus or Plus RV Rider Member. Services during this waiting period will be provided under the guidelines for Classic Membership.
- We have contracted with independent service facilities to provide Roadside Assistance. AAA shall not be liable for any damage, injury or loss occasioned by or resulting from rendering, attempted rendering, or failure to provide any Roadside Assistance or towing service or failure thereof by an independent service facility.
- The independent service facilities are not agents of AAA, nor is AAA an agent for them. They are solely responsible for their actions. Any arrangements you make for subsequent, non-emergency repairs are between you and the service facility.
Emergency Check Acceptance: If you need Roadside Assistance or emergency repairs which are not covered by the AAA membership, present your AAA membership card and you can pay for the service/repairs with a personal check for up to $250 at the responding facility or, any AAA/CAA owned service facility.
Alternative reimbursement: If AAA Roadside Assistance is not available and you obtain service from a non-AAA facility, you may submit your request for reimbursement consideration up to the amount it would have cost AAA to provide the covered service under similar circumstances. You must make every effort to contact AAA to request service through Roadside Assistance first. Requests must be submitted with the original receipt within 60 days of service.*
*Some toll roads and some limited access highways provide their own roadside assistance and will not permit AAA to come to your assistance. You should request that they tow your vehicle to their lot off the toll road so that you may contact AAA to request service. In some instances some of the providers will accept your membership card in lieu of payment to remove your vehicle from the toll road or limited access highway. Otherwise, pay for the service and get an itemized receipt, which you may submit to AAA for reimbursement consideration.
Trip Interruption expense reimbursement:
Classic & Plus Members:
Your vehicle must be involved in an accident in the United States or Canada, 100 miles or more from home, while on a planned leisure trip which included at least 1 overnight stay. Vehicle must be disabled and inoperable for a minimum of 8 hours (mechanical disablement excluded). You may request reimbursement for reasonable, unanticipated costs of accommodations, meals and substitute transportation, up to $200 for Classic Members and up to $700 for Plus Members. These expenses must be incurred within 72 hours of the accident.
All requests for trip interruption reimbursements must include a police report and original receipts for expenses incurred.
Products and services are subject to change without notice.
Many cases involving traffic violations require legal representation in court. AAA Plus and AAA Premier members are eligible for the reimbursement of attorney’s fees for the defense of vehicle-related charges if there is a plea of not guilty. This benefit is extended to AAA Plus and AAA Premier members who are driving a vehicle that is eligible for AAA Roadside Assistance. While the Legal Assistance reimbursement is dependent upon the charges faced, AAA Plus members are eligible for reimbursements up to $1,000 while AAA Premier members are eligible for up to $1,500 in reimbursements.
To learn more about the Legal Assistance benefit or to download a Legal Assistance reimbursement application, click here. Additional questions about the Legal Assistance benefit may be directed to AAA Member Relations by contacting 1-800-AAA-HELP.